Wrestling Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our community!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WCF Rewind: A Legacy Begins

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holybatman

Holybatman

WCF Rewind: A Legacy Begins Empty
PostSubject: WCF Rewind: A Legacy Begins   WCF Rewind: A Legacy Begins EmptyFri May 30, 2014 3:02 am

WELCOME TO WCF REWIND
Here you will get to learn about some of the most historic matches and feuds here in the WCF which date all the way back to the older days of the league. This series will continue every week or so and will be hosted by me (Holybatman96) and Cobros! We have been in the league since the beginning and consider ourselves as two of the few founding fathers. As founding fathers of this league, we've seen and even been a part of some of the greatest matches and feuds this place has other seen and in order to keep those memories strong, we've decided to create the WCF Rewind to share our knowledge and give you some inside scoop on the drama and promos that lead up to the matches/feuds! We hope you enjoy!

A LEGACY BEGINS
When the federation first began, the place started to fill up very quickly due to the release of the WWE 13 game being weeks before the launch of the WWFleague. Before naming a WWF Champion, Vince (The Founder) decided to wait till the second ppv (In Your House) to decide a champion. So during the Survivor Series ppv, he chose the man who helped his team to victory in the traditional 6 man tag match, Justin Gabriel, to be the first contender for the title. Afterwards, he held a tournament to name the second contender for the title. After a few weeks of hard battle, we finally recognized the winner. A man who had to defeat The Undertaker (GetMerkedDue at the time) to win. That man was none other than Road Dogg. So that made the match at In Your House Road Dogg vs Justin Gabriel (ShaneAToothTygr). A bout that everyone in the fed at the time were dying to see because we all knew that the winner of this match will make WWF history by becoming the very first world champion....

I will get to the match soon, but first here is a few comments by three members that was here for such a great moment in our league history.

"I remember first trying to sign up for the WWF, and I was told by Vince that I couldn't amount to anything in it, because he suspected me of being a cheater. I initially wanted Billy Gunn, but he was taken, so I had to settle for Road Dogg. I certainly wasn't expecting to go the route I did with him, in a matter of about a month, I'd be competing for the world title. I think I won my first match against John Cena (Thomas), then I was placed into the WWF Title tournament. I beat every guy that was in my way, and even got one extremely pissed off, but that might be for another day. Now, Justin Gabriel, at the time a major heel, was guaranteed a title shot at In Your House. Since I had won the tournament, that meant I was facing off against him, but I didn't like a heel vs. heel situation, so I turned Road Dogg face. Many people believed that Gabriel would take home the title, especially since he had already made a name for himself by having his team win at Survivor Series, and winning some other high profile matches. Nobody knew me, so it was fair for them to point to Gabriel to become the new champion. Well, we had our match at In Your House, and the rest, as they say, is history." -DieCobros

"I remember the match actually had a ton of hype. Most people were rooting for Gabriel with a few rooting for the underdog Cobros (those people were the smart ones). I had been in a party and paid a little more attention to Gabriel at the time and didn't really know Cobros nor pay too much attention to Road Dogg so I voted for Gabriel in our poll. During the match I realized that Gabriel was about to get squashed and while it was a close battle, it was practically a gloried squash match. -TwystedPhoenix

"At the time my wrestler (Brad Maddox) had a small alliance with Justin Gabriel so it was obvious that I was rooting for him but boy I didn't know he had a temper on him. First of all, Cobros told me that Shane wanted him to throw the match and then, I found out from Shane that him and Vince both thought that Cobros had a turbo. And I believed them. But little did I know, that the both of them were just pissed because Cobros was the best in the fed. Hell he still is the best in the fed to this very day. A legacy started that day. Sure me sporting a huge ego was a little pissed that I wasn't in the match, or in the tournament, but it is what it is." -Holybatman96

The Match: This match was live streamed for all to see but unfortunately the video no longer exists. So here is what happened. Justin Gabriel (Heel) and Road Dogg (Face) exchanged some words in a few promos for the build up to this historic match. We all knew that the winner of this match would forever be a legend in this league. The two men knew that as well so they practiced and hoped for the best. Throughout the course of the match, it was actually one sided. Road Dogg kicked Justin's ass for a good 10 maybe 15 minutes with some good back and forth moments but it was clear who the better player was. In the end, Road Dogg defeated Justin Gabriel to become the very first WWF Champion. Road Dogg's legacy didn't stop there. He went onto successfully defend the title until at Wrestlemania I which will be discussed in a later episode of WCF Rewind.

NEXT ON WCF REWIND: Cody Rhodes vs Drew McIntyre A friendship gone bad!

Back to top Go down
R3ALBRETT

WCF Rewind: A Legacy Begins Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCF Rewind: A Legacy Begins   WCF Rewind: A Legacy Begins EmptySat May 31, 2014 12:00 am

I thoroughly love this idea.
Back to top Go down

WCF Rewind: A Legacy Begins
Page 1 of 1