Wrestling Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our community!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

8 Questions about John Cena

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PunisherLH

PunisherLH

8 Questions about John Cena Empty
PostSubject: 8 Questions about John Cena   8 Questions about John Cena EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:36 am

Answer these, if you can. No one-word answers! Explain your reasons why!

1. Do you currently like John Cena and Why?

2. What do you think about John Cena's storylines?

3. Do you buy John Cena as a Face?

4. Does John Cena need to evolve his character?

5. What praise would you give to John Cena?

6. What criticism would you give to John Cena?

7. Do you think John Cena is a decent in-ring performer?

8. If you could change ONE thing about John Cena's career, what would it be?
Back to top Go down
Twysted

Twysted

PostSubject: Re: 8 Questions about John Cena   8 Questions about John Cena EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:02 pm

Yes, I do indeed like John Cena. Primarily because he pisses everyone else off. I also don't watch WWE (or any pro wrestling) as a critic, I watch as a fan so I am able to actually enjoy watching him.

I don't usually focus on the storylines, just promos and wrestling.

I do because as a Face he is the perfect role model. 

Nope, Cena doesn't need to evolve one bit. Its everyone else who needs to adapt.

He's the perfect role model.

Start preparing harder for Summerslam as that is the one PPV in which he has more loses then wins.

I do. I get he does maybe a dozen moves but when you're booked to be on the receiving end of the beat down for 95% of the match there isn't much you can attempt to do. He has shown that given the right person he can put on top-quality matches though and make them look good whether or not they win or lose.

I can't really think of any significant to change about Cena's career. Maybe have placed him in a tag team somewhere along the line so he'd have a few tag title reigns (which would give him less World Title reigns and likely make others happy).

I use to hate Cena because that's what everyone else did but once you get past all the backstage bullshit and start watching as a fan and not a critic you can enjoy him. "Hating Cena was cool in 2011. Now its just pointless."
Back to top Go down
DJ

DJ

PostSubject: Re: 8 Questions about John Cena   8 Questions about John Cena EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:27 pm

Cena's like an 8x tag team champion though.
Back to top Go down
Twysted

Twysted

PostSubject: Re: 8 Questions about John Cena   8 Questions about John Cena EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:32 pm

DJ wrote:
Cena's like an 8x tag team champion though.
Nah he only has 4, 2 as the WWE Tag Team Champions and 2 as the World Tag Team Champions. But most of them were for feuds I think. I would have him actually in a meaningful tag team and give them a few dominant runs.
Back to top Go down
PunisherLH

PunisherLH

PostSubject: Re: 8 Questions about John Cena   8 Questions about John Cena EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 12:03 am

No, because he bores the shit out of me. He's not a captivating, entertaining character for me.

I feel like John Cena has gotten to the point where it's rinse and repeat with all of his feuds. The same Promos, the same matches, the same facial expressions. John Cena doesn't make his storylines feel important or serious, he makes them feel like a joke.

I do and I don't. John Cena does elevate people, but in the majority of case, they get brought right back down to the midcard or elsewhere. John Cena ISN'T booked as a Face anymore. He's a Heel. Heels are supposed to be the obstacles that Faces overcome, but at this point, John Cena has become the obstacle for most superstars.

To entertain me, he would have to. But at this point, what can John Cena do to change? Turning Heel won't do much, other than get him cheered.

His Charity work is phenomenal and the work he does for WWE, with promotions and working all the house shows, he is a work horse, and I praise him for this.

That John Cena feels nothing more than a Merchandise Seller. Arm Bands, Hats, T Shirts, Wrist Bands, A little towel thing he now started bringing out. It's all such a sham to me. I don't remember Austin or The Rock coming out with that much Merch.

Given the right opponent, I do think he has potential to be a good in-ring performer. We've seen in his matches with CM Punk and Shawn Michaels that he does. However, on a weekly basis, I'd say no. It's the same old shit. Super-Cena comeback and that's that. Cena also has poor ring psychology. When getting into the ring from a count-out, you don't just magically use a burst of energy and climb into the ring and then pretend you're hurt. You struggle, you claw your way to the ropes. It's the same in his LMS Matches too. Cena doesn't know how to 'be hurt' after a match either.

Probably The Rock vs Cena II. The whole thing was just so ridiculous. I would have thrown CM Punk in there for a balance of styles too. The match could have been so much more than what it was.
Back to top Go down
Alveuss

Alveuss

PostSubject: Re: 8 Questions about John Cena   8 Questions about John Cena EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 11:23 am

Yes. I've always been a fan of Cena because contrary to popular belief he can actually wrestle. Probably the biggest reason I still like him now however is the fact that he is  one of few superstars who look legitimately strong. If someone beats Cena, its a fairly big deal.

Through no real fault of his own, his storylines are becoming really stale. Constantly making jokes and playing the good guy, it's nothing new. I also dislike the fact that he's still made to look like the underdog at times (the Wyatt feud for example) when absolutely nobody is buying it.

It's a little hard not to, children all over the world look at him as a role model and he fills that role perfectly.

Cena's character is fine, his character is as evolved as it possibly can be. For entertainment purposes it's the writing that needs to change. Again taking the Wyatt feud as an example, there were times during that feud where the storyline was entertaining as hell most notably when the children were with Bray instead of Cena. While people can claim that it was Bray's character that was entertaining, those segments wouldn't have been even nearly as significant if it was anyone else but Cena.

He loves the business and works extremely hard to maintain his spot as the face of the company. He does plenty of charity work and as Twysted said, he is the perfect role model.

He takes up the spotlight too much. I think he should maybe let some newer talent have the glory for once instead of constantly being involved in the title picture himself.

Without a doubt. If booked correctly Cena can put on great matches and can make other superstars look good in the process. Take a look at when Sandow cashed in on him, granted Sandow lost and has since suffered a fate worse than being future endeavored but Sandow looked legitimately strong in that match and it was because of Cena.

The time it took for him to become the world champion. Maybe have him hover around the midcard for a while longer, maybe a tag team or two and possibly even a long heel phase before he became the Cena we know today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8 Questions about John Cena   8 Questions about John Cena Empty

Back to top Go down

8 Questions about John Cena
Page 1 of 1