Wrestling Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our community!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Story of Peter and a Thank You to a Good Friend.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
iB u n k a

The Story of Peter and a Thank You to a Good Friend. Empty
PostSubject: The Story of Peter and a Thank You to a Good Friend.   The Story of Peter and a Thank You to a Good Friend. EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 4:27 pm

So gather around, it's story time.

Tuesday night I was talking on the XAT chat about downloading CAWs for my whole universe mode I'm doing. It came up that I can't download most people because I don't or never have owned a Season Pass for any WWE game. I especially didn't own one for 2k14 because I am a broke college student trying to make rent. That's when good guy Crim came out of nowhere and offered to give me $20 for it. This is where the story of Peter begins.

So this is how it went down. Crim has one of those VISA gift cards so his plan was simple. He would tell me the information on the card and I would buy Season Pass right from my Xbox. Sounds easy right? Wrong.

Crim sends me the VISA details and after struggling for about 20 minutes trying to add it to my Xbox, we come to the conclusion it wasn't properly registered. Easy enough, Crim will register that. Well because we all know Crim can be slow, that takes about 20 more minutes but hey - it's finally registered! So the plan changes here a little bit as we decide it would be easier for Crim to buy a $20 Xbox card off of Amazon and email me the code. So after 20 more minutes of getting his card on Amazon and him setting up an account, he does that. Elapsed time, one hour... but we got the code! Kind of.

Crim sends me the code and I go to redeem it on xbox.com. I paste the code in and that's when xbox is quick to remind me - I'm in Canada. This is an American code. Awesome. So here comes google to help us. I have to make my Xbox american! Sure, I go on xbox.com and migrate my gamertag. Now my xbox is american. But it takes no time to do it so I quickly redeem my code again right? Wrong yet again my fellow reader. Xbox.com still thinks I'm Canadian! Blasphemy! What do? Oh I know, let's use Crims real address and shit on my gamertag! lolcenawins.

#Swerve. Still nothing. Cue Xbox LIVE Support and new character - Peter.

Peter is a nice guy. He means well. I tell Peter I have moved from Canada to USA and am wondering why I cannot redeem this card. He tells me to change the website I am on from the Canadian website to the American. Easy enough, I do that. I REDEEM THE CODE!!!! I am quite excited but I keep Peter on the line. I want to buy Season Pass and make sure it works. So I go to Season Pass and am about to hit purchase but I notice that Xbox wants to charge the purchase to my mastercard. I don't want that, I want to use the newly deposited $20! So Peter goes on a crazy manhunt and realizes when I migrated my account, it kind of made a split and now I have a US account and a Canadian account when it comes to purchases. Yes, my account is officially a dual citizen now.

Peter wants to gain full access to my account so he texts me a security code to my phone. Yes that's right, Peter the god texted me. I felt so giddy.

Turns out my Xbox was wanting to use my Canadian balance ($0) to buy Season Pass. So of course it was going to want to charge my mastercard. So Peter tells me to delete and redownload my profile. Twice. He claims this will resync my details so my US balance will be used. I do that, and after such process - same thing. It still wants to charge my mastercard. I tell this to Peter and he promises me that when I hit confirm I will be prompted with another screen and asked to use my balance. I trust Peter with my life and hit accept.

No other screen. Just straight to my mastercard. Boom. Like that. I tell that to my main man Peter and he is the most apologetic man in the universe. He's heartbroken. He lied to me. So now he sends my problem to the higher ups of Microsoft as he has royaly fucked up. Peter wishes all the best for me and my family in 2014 and moves on. I tell him I will keep in touch. Thank you Peter.

I get an email a couple days later from the higher up that goes by the name of "Angel". She's a cunt. Nothing special. She messages me saying that my mastercard has been refunded and I can go back and download Season Pass with my original $20 deposit. Weird though, I already own season pass, why would I download it again?

So as it stands now, my mastercard balance is zeroed. I've been refunded. I have Season Pass - and I haven't checked but I am still pretty sure I have the original $20 on my account from crim. That is the story that I have been living with for the longest time and wanted to tell everyone.

I also wanted to take this time to personally thank Crim as he really didn't need to do this. It was an amazing gesture and it actually does mean a lot that he had that much trust in someone he has known for so little. But I mean there was no way I would do anything wrong. I'm a harmless Canadian chap!

But seriously thank you again Crim for not only Season Pass but one of the best online adventures I have ever had. It was amazing and I will repay you in some manner as time goes on. Thank you again and I hope you all enjoyed reading the best story ever.
Back to top Go down
Suntanners

Suntanners

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Peter and a Thank You to a Good Friend.   The Story of Peter and a Thank You to a Good Friend. EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 5:14 pm

#PeterForChamp
Back to top Go down
PunisherLH

PunisherLH

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Peter and a Thank You to a Good Friend.   The Story of Peter and a Thank You to a Good Friend. EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 12:08 am

Peter > Angel.
Back to top Go down
MercilessEarth

MercilessEarth

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Peter and a Thank You to a Good Friend.   The Story of Peter and a Thank You to a Good Friend. EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:35 am

Crim... listen dude... i'm a struggling college student as well. What I mean to say is... give me money
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Peter and a Thank You to a Good Friend.   The Story of Peter and a Thank You to a Good Friend. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Story of Peter and a Thank You to a Good Friend.
Page 1 of 1