Wrestling Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling Forum

Welcome to our community!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT Empty
PostSubject: State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT   State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 11:39 am

Alright so I have been talking to a handful of people about what they feel the current status of this fed is. Below I will post some of the points made from anonymous people, followed by my opinion and final judgement on the situation.

It is clear that we are down to just a handful of active superstars on this roster and some people are totally fine with that. It is enjoyable as a group of friends and all, but there is a downside. With no new faces coming around here, some people are slowly and slowly losing activity and interest among other things. This lack of activity is in turn driving members away from this site causing this to almost become a task. Something repetitive and annoying is not what we want this fed to become for people. With that being said - there has been a notion to put this fed on overall hiatus due to the inactivity on this site. I talked to a few members about this specifically, and it is not the route we will be taking. Doing this causes some of our very best superstars here to turn away and shuts down any opportunity of gaining new members. 

So what can we do? Well - we need people to step up and start advertising, now. This place can become what it used to be by us getting new faces. How did each of you join in the first place? Through advertising. I saw an ad on a forum that Vince posted and so I joined. We need that because right now we have none of it. We can't get new players by doing what we are doing. I also hope that everyone here tries to stick around. I know some people like myself really want to keep promoing and participating in storylines and I know some people don't want any part of it. Which ever side you are on, I can only ask that you stick around because we need each and every one of you to make this whole thing possible. Come 2K14 - we will advertise again which hopefully gains us even more people.

Please - if you are a mod or a member, I don't care. Please comment on this post letting everyone know your feelings and thoughts that you have about this fed as it currently stands and what we need to do to make it more successful.
Back to top Go down
Twysted

Twysted

PostSubject: Re: State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT   State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:25 pm

I've been a part of this fed since before it started becoming popular (sometime in late October - early November). It was an interesting place and once I got into what I was doing I decided I would leave until the fed is gone. I know I left but I have come back (my character hasn't officially debuted yet but its right around the corner).

I enjoy this fed as it was my first fed and its interesting to do something I've always done in my head. I would hate to see this place die. It definitely needs some cleaning up as well as a group of fresh and new faces. It will be hard to pull in new members now with 2k14 right around the corner and people getting ready for that game and not worrying much about 13 anymore, but we have to grab what members we can and bring them in for the long haul.

I also feel that this place has too much 'Vince' written all over it and could use a fresh coat of paint. Obviously Bunka and others have given us that with new pictures, a new name, etc but it still feels a bit like its still Vince's and not our's.

Towards the point system, we need to revamp it in some way. Right now there are guys with tons of points and nothing they wanna spend it on and so they will continue accumulating and by the time they want to buy something they will be able to buy it 10x over. Maybe make the points more rare such as for promos and winning PPVs. We know generally getting to a PPV involves being able to promo well and having a feud so this would cause others to step up and make better promos and feud with others to get to a PPV to get those extra points. It is just an idea though.

I'll be back when I have more ideas.
Back to top Go down
Holybatman

Holybatman

PostSubject: Re: State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT   State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:47 pm

I have lost a lot of interest over the past few weeks due to boredom. I am getting bored of the same things man. I want a change that will change the entire fed. Don't completely change the rules but maybe add some more rules that could mix things up a bit. And make the main event of raw mean more. Don't keep putting the same people in the main event. Make main event matches that would actually be interesting to see. Like for example. Two people that are equally skilled at the game. Botch and Dash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT   State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:48 pm

When 2K14 comes out, I agree with the whole vince feel. We need a new push in a different direction. We can do a total overhaul of this site and new mechanics when the new game comes out. But for now I agree - we need to get who we can in for the long haul ASAP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT   State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 1:51 pm

And yeah batman I agree. I am thinking we should do something better with the card. It doesn't feel special. We need more articles to make people feel special. When people aren't competing for the title they need to be competing for something to feel special. We could lay out the card differently. Get some graphics involved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT   State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 9:46 pm

On the other hand, why does it matter what "place" you are on the card? If you're in the Main Event, it means that your match is last on the Card. Whether you're in the Main Event or whether you are in the the Opener, it doesn't make a difference at all.

With the Graphics thing, I know i'm an Admin and everything but I can't make graphics at all. I can't use Photoshop, I can barely use Paint!

Also, I'm going to make a Roll Call so we can see how many Active Members we are going to have.
Back to top Go down
JOHNmicheals_CMpunk

JOHNmicheals_CMpunk

PostSubject: Re: State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT   State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 10:53 pm

well lets see , i have been here since the second day of 2013 lol , and to be frank i love this place i do , wether i was losing every match every week and the butt of all the jokes or somehow managing to hold a title or being a part of the two most influential groups this feed has had ( RISE and Legion ) i have enjoyed all of it. Im amazing at photoshop if we want some new anything here , im willing to help out with anything i can , the lack of activity has definatly sucked but we havent hit rock bottem yet and we can turn it around , we just need more ppl to promo we need new members and both of these things are achieveable much much more simply then one would think. In away even tho im older than alot of yall and i didnt have a mic for like 9 years , i think of you all as friends reguardless of how lame that sounds , i would hate for this to end
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT   State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT Empty

Back to top Go down

State of the Union Address - IMPORTANT
Page 1 of 1